• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Quite, very quite pump...

The Saint

Gawd
Joined
Mar 18, 2003
Messages
1,000
Guys.......

I'm not sure if I should go for 3/8 or 1/2....the only thing that is holding me back towards buying a 1/2 " setup is the pump. The pump NEEDS to be whisper quite! We are talking about 22-25dB ...

the Danger Den DDC12V is rated at 23dB although is has 3/8" fittings....

what would be a pump as quite as the DDC12V, with 1/2 connections?
 
I'll look into those.....
with a 12V there's no need for the relay switch and everything correct? Just connect it to a molex from the PSU.....am i right?

Thanks Visable-assassin
 
freaky, lol i was just about to make this thread.

its the innoventek pump right? (the 12v ehiem)
 
just do like i did and mod your psu to accept a 110v pump. cheaper.

V5%20psu%20mod%20for%20water%20pump.JPG


result:

psuinstalled.JPG
 
As far as i know there is nothing that has the performance of the DDC that is near as quiet. Next best would be the AQX 50Z but is a lil louder with better performance.
 
dzitzner said:
As far as i know there is nothing that has the performance of the DDC that is near as quiet. Next best would be the AQX 50Z but is a lil louder with better performance.
If they made the DDC in 1/2 fittings it'd be no contest :(
 
It is smaller. quieter, has a lil more head, uses less current, and dumps about half the heat into the loop compared to the DD D4/MCP650. It is the same pump as the MCP600 rev2.
 
And that's why I have stuck with something that is realatively trouble free... the Eheim 1250. Mine runs completely silent, and other than the problems that I caused with trying to use standard NPT fittings with it (cracked the input plate and had to do a PVC/epoxy repair), it has been trouble free.

Go with an Eheim.
 
I have no idea what people are talking about in relation to the CSP-750's.....mine works like a charm.

I've got 4-5 feet of tubing, a DTek Pro heatercore, a s478 TDX block, and a Maze4 GPU in my loop, and it works great.

You wanna know how quiet this pump is??? I have the thing sitting on the bottom of my case against the bare metal and I do NOT hear a thing. Even with my ear 2 inches away from the pump I can't hear a sound, and especially....no metal on metal rattling.

I don't know what to say about those "horror stories" as I have yet to have a single issue with my pump.....and all I can say is that this is the quietest, and most capable pump of it's size/price I've ever seen. The reason I say that is because most people have to put some kind of foam or whatever else between the pump and the case to quiet things down, but mine is sitting on the bare metal and doesn't make a sound.

That's all I can say really, can't vouch for any other pumps....but I try to pimp my CSP as much as I can. :)
 
My Via Aqua 1300 is almost totally silent. Did the mod to it before I started using it.

Provided you put it on a foam block, or rag to eliminate the vibration you pretty much can't hear it.
 
Advil said:
Provided you put it on a foam block, or rag to eliminate the vibration you pretty much can't hear it.

No offense, but this is one of few places where the CSP-750 chalks up a "win".....as even with it sitting on the bare metal of my case I cannot hear a sound out of it....not even with my ear one inch from the pump. I honestly dont know what more you coudl ask for.
 
*Removes earplugs* Stay away from the D4 based pumps *reinserts earplugs and gives d4 pump dirty look*
 
qbert95 said:
*Removes earplugs* Stay away from the D4 based pumps *reinserts earplugs and gives d4 pump dirty look*

Haha..... *makes mental note, then pulls out qbert's earplugs*

:D
 
My Maxijet 1200 is damn near silent. I've had it running in my system for about 1 1/2 years and it still works great. With a smallish radiator mounted internally in a window AC, the Maxi can get my OC'd mobile 2600+ down to 19*C. Thats with pumping through a LRWW and Maze-4 GPU. Not too freaking bad for an $18 dollar pump. :)

WC1.JPG
 
Yeah, stay away from the D4 is you want quiet. It's got a whine like you wouldn't believe. People said it was quiet. After buying this pump, I want to know what the basis for comparison is... an 80mm Delta running at 7000RPM?

If so... then yeah, the D4 is whisper quiet.
 
Inaba said:
Yeah, stay away from the D4 is you want quiet. It's got a whine like you wouldn't believe. People said it was quiet. After buying this pump, I want to know what the basis for comparison is... an 80mm Delta running at 7000RPM?

If so... then yeah, the D4 is whisper quiet.

haha, funny stuff.....good call. :p
 
I got ViaAqua 1300, and the thing is loud. Not only is it louder than my ThermalTake V9 at 2500RPM's, it also vibrates like a friggin diesel truck engine from 1940's.

If I fix it down in the case, without padding, it makes the case slowly move sideways haha.

I dont have mine modded though.

On a seperate note, Sunday I was working on my PC and my setup leaked. PC was off, and unplugged, I calmly fixed the leak, left the PC off for 24 hours for the water to evaporate, monday nite, plug everything in, try to boot, powersuply turns on, but it seems the motherboard itself is not turning on, the CPU doesnt even get warm. Now I think since the BIOS battery was still in the mobo, it might've shorted CMOS or something. Sigh.

Now think I gotta buy an already obsolete mobo :rolleyes: (A7N8X-D)
 
t10 said:
On a seperate note, Sunday I was working on my PC and my setup leaked. PC was off, and unplugged, I calmly fixed the leak, left the PC off for 24 hours for the water to evaporate, monday nite, plug everything in, try to boot, powersuply turns on, but it seems the motherboard itself is not turning on, the CPU doesnt even get warm. Now I think since the BIOS battery was still in the mobo, it might've shorted CMOS or something. Sigh.

Now think I gotta buy an already obsolete mobo :rolleyes: (A7N8X-D)

Sux to hear it bro....have you figured out or decided what it actually was that leaked in the system?
 
Cathar's research shows that MCP600 is the best value - but he's done the comparison before DDC came out so it might have changed a little.
Here's the link:

http://forums.procooling.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=10825

As for CSP-750, those should be avoided like fire - the odds of leaking are too high to my taste (doesn't mean every SINGLE one of'em will leak but the probability is very high).

If Cathar finds time to read this, he'll weigh in with his opinion - or read that thread in its entirety.
 
Inaba said:
Yeah, stay away from the D4 is you want quiet. It's got a whine like you wouldn't believe. People said it was quiet. After buying this pump, I want to know what the basis for comparison is... an 80mm Delta running at 7000RPM?

If so... then yeah, the D4 is whisper quiet.

I have a D4 and its quite quiet. If you use some mounting foam you cant hear it. If you mount it directly to the case you will hear the whine
 
cornelious0_0 said:
have you figured out or decided what it actually was that leaked in the system?

The cause of the leak was me being clumsy. I didnt plug one of the lines completely into the GPU waterblock :rolleyes: You know the rest...

As for the system, was a bit wierd, no ammount of jumping the bios helped.

Took the battery out yesterday, started it without the battery this morning, and it booted :confused:

Anyways, I'm happy lol.

Am also thinking of getting the CSP-750 rev II instead of my ViaAqua. I would rather risk my system being fried, but quiet. The only reason I went into water, is to get a silent system, I could care less if my CPU is at 40C or 80C, as long as its stable.

As of now, I got SilverStone ST30NF fanless PSU, the ViaAqua 1300 pump, and a thermaltake smartfan at 900rpm on my rad.

Temps max out at ~71C while gaming, and ~54C when the PC been idling for a few days. Granted it is a bit high, but if I got a silent pump, my PC would be certifiably silent. In fact, if I turn the pump off, it is silent But my mobile chip is a wuss, reboots north of 85C :mad:

Haha, I guess you can tell, that I am real careful about my hardware :D
 
t10 said:
The cause of the leak was me being clumsy. I didnt plug one of the lines completely into the GPU waterblock :rolleyes: You know the rest...

As for the system, was a bit wierd, no ammount of jumping the bios helped.

Took the battery out yesterday, started it without the battery this morning, and it booted :confused:

Anyways, I'm happy lol.

Am also thinking of getting the CSP-750 rev II instead of my ViaAqua. I would rather risk my system being fried, but quiet. The only reason I went into water, is to get a silent system, I could care less if my CPU is at 40C or 80C, as long as its stable.

As of now, I got SilverStone ST30NF fanless PSU, the ViaAqua 1300 pump, and a thermaltake smartfan at 900rpm on my rad.

Temps max out at ~71C while gaming, and ~54C when the PC been idling for a few days. Granted it is a bit high, but if I got a silent pump, my PC would be certifiably silent. In fact, if I turn the pump off, it is silent But my mobile chip is a wuss, reboots north of 85C :mad:

Haha, I guess you can tell, that I am real careful about my hardware :D

Man, I can see where you're coming from with your temps....but running it that hot under load all the time isn't good for it either, whether its stable ATM or not. Your call, but I'd try to remedy the temps a bit in one way or another.....doesn't mean you have to sacrifice your silence.....but at least take a little more care with your temps....I'd personally rather have a system that I can slightly hear that is loading at 50-60C then a 100% silent system running at over 70C.....

Just my opinion though, up to you.
 
Well, the short lifespan of the hardware brought by heatloads is not an issue. My XP-M2500+ @2.5Ghz is already obsolete by a lot of people's standards. If it dies in a year, I wont cry over it. As for heat management, the plan is to get a fan controller and use my 2 80mm fans, and 1 120mm fan that I have laying around somewhere now.

At nite, I would only have the thermaltake on at ~800rpms. 54C is far from bad. The CSP750 rev2 pump seems to run a bit hotter than aqua from the benches that I have seen, about 1-3 degrees. But even at 57C idling, it would be far from bad.

And when gaming, I have my Klipsch 5.1's blasting anyways, so the other fans, can be turned on at a flick of a switch. Two 80mm fans, and one 120mm fan will take care of the temps real quick ;p (not that I need that many fans, but I got them, so might as well put them to use hehe).

Btw, does anyone else think they should make watercooled powersupplies? The company that comes up with one, will probably make quite a lot of $$$. It can be a lot cheaper than a fanless powersupply, yet have far better wattage rating.
 
Hehe, yeah.....it's just mostly me being paranoid about the temps. :p

I don't honeslty think h2O PSU's would be that big.....of course there'd be people that'd buy them......but because of the direct danger/risk involved and the fact that it's not nearly as necessary as watercooling most any other component in a comp. It may or may not be cheaper to make a watercooled PSU.....but considering fanless PSU's aren't even THAT big....i highly doubt h2O PSU's would catch on too much.

Just my opinion though.....
 
Let's not forget the other good reason to mod a Via Aqua... it's $15.
 
Gah, was gonna get the CSP750 today, but the I gotta stay at work till 2, and the store closes for holidays at 2 today. Looks like I will have sometime over the holidays, might as well mod my ViaAqua lol.

Btw, I am very interested in what is going on here:

Devilpup said:
just do like i did and mod your psu to accept a 110v pump. cheaper.

V5%20psu%20mod%20for%20water%20pump.JPG


result:

psuinstalled.JPG

What exactly did you connect the 110V cord to? I am assuming it is connected somewhere after the circuit breaker (so pump turns on/off with the pc) to a 110V line. Anyone know a link to a guide for this?
 
The Iwaki pumps with the Japanese motors are very quiet, a little expensive but quiet.
I would get the md-20 rz or rl . Stay away from the models with an x in the name the are high flow low pressure and not sutiable for watercooling. The rz is the best choice but also mucho $$$.

The American motor Iwakis are cheaper and almost as silent, the are the wmd models
md = jap wmd = american
http://www.customaquatic.com/customaquatic/brandsubcategory.asp?brandID=IK&subcatID=wp-aq

Panworld pumps (also known as blueline) are also reported to be silent. The model #'s roughly match up to the Iwaki #'s.
http://www.aquadirect.com/store/catalog/Pumps_BlueLine_HD_Water_Pumps_OUR_BEST_page_1_c_224.html

With both companies it would be a rare situation to buy anything larger than their 20 series pumps.
 
My, those are sure pricey. For $200 shipped, they better absorb other noises too, and cancel them out lol ;p

As for DevilPup's mod, I just did a search of his posts, and found his write up. Basically it is a straight passthrough, whenever there is power to the PSU, the pump would be on. If you flick the switch at the back to off position, the pump would probably power down, which is kinda handy.
 
cornelious0_0 said:
I have no idea what people are talking about in relation to the CSP-750's.....mine works like a charm.
...

I don't know what to say about those "horror stories" as I have yet to have a single issue with my pump...
Good report, but this is anecdotal. You might have got the one good out of 10, or the bad ones are the one bad out of 10.

Damn, I was seriously considering this pump. :confused:
 
uclajd said:
Good report, but this is anecdotal. You might have got the one good out of 10, or the bad ones are the one bad out of 10.

Damn, I was seriously considering this pump. :confused:

I'd still recommend giving it a shot.....my single CSP-750 is working with a fairly decent "size" h2O loop and handled the addition of the second block with ease.

I can understand how people are hesitant to try it, but if you've got the cash it would still be worth your time to at least give it a shot and do a fair bit of leak testing outside the case ahead of time.
 
Krazy_Joe said:
I have a D4 and its quite quiet. If you use some mounting foam you cant hear it. If you mount it directly to the case you will hear the whine

I have mine mounted on two sets of foam pads (one noise dampning and one that came with the pump) - it's not vibration that causes the noise. It's the pump whine. You can hold it in your hand and it will still sound the same.

You may have a unique one that is quiet, but these pumps typically are very noisy, with a god awful high pitched whine.
 
Inaba said:
I have mine mounted on two sets of foam pads (one noise dampning and one that came with the pump) - it's not vibration that causes the noise. It's the pump whine. You can hold it in your hand and it will still sound the same.

You may have a unique one that is quiet, but these pumps typically are very noisy, with a god awful high pitched whine.

Fun. :rolleyes:
 
Inaba said:
I have mine mounted on two sets of foam pads (one noise dampning and one that came with the pump) - it's not vibration that causes the noise. It's the pump whine. You can hold it in your hand and it will still sound the same.

You may have a unique one that is quiet, but these pumps typically are very noisy, with a god awful high pitched whine.



yup, this is true, my MCP650 drove me nuts, the damn thing is just so whiney I ended up undervolting it to 9 volts as well as wrapping a towel around it leaving the back side and front open and that sure did shut the damn thing up.
 
D4 does produce whine but the pitch changes depending on how restrictive ur loop is. At least that's the impression I got when I tested it with 2 loops: a short loop and a longer, a little bit more restrictive loop. In the first case I had troubles hearing the thing (I had to check whether water was moving :D to make sure it was on) in the second it started to emit noticeable whine (although it still drowned in the noise of my other components).
 
Back
Top