Quite the decision

Hey, kinda new to the forum but since this seems to be such a prestigious place i thought id ask here.

My new rig is going to consist of:

Intel Q6600
eVGA 8800gt
G.SKILL 2GB DDR2 1066 RAM
Samsung 20x Burner
520 Corsair PSU

What im unsure about is the mobo. Im caught between quite a few boards and i need some guidance. The boards in question are:

Bloodiron
Lanparty DK
Abit IP35-Pro
Gigabyte DS3R

All seem to be solid boards but which one prevails as far as performance:cost goes? I might overclock lightly but im not going to be pushing it to the limit, just some mild stuff. Any help is appreciated.

for my money it would come down to the Abit IP35 Pro or DFI Lanparty DK - I would probably go with the Pro again though.

All of those boards are solid and have similar features, guess the DFI stands out for it's overclocking features. I just did an upgrade and got the IP35 Pro and I'm very happy with my decision.

I'll add another vote for the IP35 Pro, though you're surely be satisfied with any of those.

Thank you everyone, I do have a question about the Abit though.

I heard they have alot of heatpipe issues, is this a manufacturing issue, or what? I know i could do the bolt mod if it came to that but id prefer not to. If it is a manufacturer error then are there ip35 pros out there that dont need to be bolt modded?

1. it's variable as in most manufacturing so yes, some are better than others
2. it's really not that much of a problem except for those relatively few people who are going to push things right to the edge & then really only those with quads which of course generate more heat than duals. Tbh those people are probably going to remove/reinstall or modify the cooling on any mobo anyway.

Back