• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

quite a dilemma

x10

Gawd
Joined
May 9, 2002
Messages
794
ok well I guess I need a new video card, as much as i dont want to, because I'm getting a dual core pentium D and to get a descent motherboard for it I have to go PCI x16 for video since agp is being phased out...

now here's the dilemma: I currently have an ATI all in wonder 9700 pro AGP

so now i need a comparable or faster card, preferably with TV capabilities, but not necessary. BUT most importantly it has to be PCI x16...

i'm generally an ATI guy but i could go nvidia if need be...

thanks in advance!
 
The only better ATI AIW card that's out is the X800 XT AIW. It's $330 at Newegg now AR. I'm not aware of any Nvidia cards with tuners built in.
 
whats the best bang for the buck pci x16 ati card out right now?

like i said i could always get a comparable ati card that is pci x16 and then buy a standalone tv tuner card...
 
I'm not exactly sure what it would be because it would depend partly on what games you play. I would guess a 6600GT or a 6800 vanilla flashed to 16 pipes would be a pretty good bang for a few hundred bucks. If you go much higher than that, you'll be paying a lot more for not so much more performance IMO.
 
ok i guess my whole dilemma comes down to this one simple question:

will the ATI All in Wonder x600 Pro PCI-E be equal to or better than the ATI aiw 9700 pro?
 
Back
Top