• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Quietest (Horizontal) Intake Fan

Hulk

Supreme [H]ardness
Joined
Nov 4, 2005
Messages
6,279
I'm looking to install a horizontal intake fan on the floor of my PC, which ones are the quietest? I will be hooking it up to Sentry Mesh fan controller so I'd like it to be a 3 pin fan so I don't have to spend extra on a 4 to 3 pin adapter. Also what are some good fan filters?
 
120mm?

Noiseblocker or Scythe Gentle Typhoon would be my recommendations. Both are expensive, though.
 
I'd like to get a 140mm fan. My case is the HAF 922 if that makes any difference.
 
You might also consider using a spacer, as flush-mounting an intake fan to the case can result in some really bad wind noise. Depending on what the grills built into your case look like, the spacer can make a bigger difference than the choice of fan.
 
Back
Top