• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Quietest/High performance PC fans?

dhappy

Weaksauce
Joined
Mar 19, 2013
Messages
115
Hey guys, looking to replace my aging Cooler Master fans that came in a bundle pack I got at Fry's a long time ago. I'm aiming to hopefully convert my rig into a silent gaming PC (probably will never be possible). I'm using the Lian Li Lancool K58-W (steel case) and its got room for two 140mm on the top, One 120mm in the rear, and one 140mm in the front.

I've got the Zalman MFC1 fan controller and usually run all my fans at the lowest setting.

I'd like to set my fans around 7~12V and not hear them. Right now, I only have a 1 rear fan and 1 intake front fan installed.
 
Swiftech Helix or Corsair fans would do well for you.
 
Ive got a silent gaming PC myself. Its always been my primary goal. I give noiseblocker and noctua fans my highest recommendation. At under 1000 rpms they will be as close to silent as you can get. Have you replaced stock fan in your power supply yet?
 
Last edited:
This might be on interest for you on your search... SPCR Fan Roundup #6: Scythe, Noiseblocker, Antec, Nexus, Thermalright

My personal suggestion,

120mm Case fans,
on a budget, Scythe Slipstream (1200 or 800rpm), Nexus Basic (1100rpm)
No budget, Noiseblocker NB-Multiframe M12-S1 (or 2 if you want higher rpms, i like more the 1), Noctua NF-S12A

120mm Rads n Heatsinks,
Scythe Gentle Typhoons (1150/1400/1850 rpms)
Noctua NF-F12

140mm case fans,
Noiseblocker NB-BlackSilentPro PK-1 (or 2 or 3 depending on your rpm needs, but i prefer the 1).
 
Last edited:
Back
Top