• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Quietest for these?

Kil4Thril

2[H]4U
Joined
Sep 21, 2003
Messages
2,974
Q9300

Can I use a Xigmatek with no fan at stock speeds? The case itself (CoolerMaster Centurion 590) will have incredible airflow to begin with.

Also, is the Accelero S1 meant to be used with no fans? If so, can it handle a 4870 at stock speeds? Same system as above.
 
Doubtful on both accounts.

Passive cooling on a quad-core? And a 4870?

The 4870 *might* run... at very high idle temps... and I doubt the quad-core would last long...
 
With decent case airflow, the Accelero S1 will be fine with no fan.
You can fit a silent 120mm fan and feed it 7V for extreme quietness and still get awesome cooling.

The S1 as sold with no fan has the 4870 is listed as supported:
http://www.arctic-cooling.com/vga2.php?idx=147
 
What about the Ninja for the CPU? Let's just say will it cool them at an idle state? I have a Sunbeam fan controller I can use to turn them on while gaming, but when I'm surfing/reading, I don't want to hear fans at all.
 
If you fit any "silent" 120mm fan and run it at 7V, you'll be hard pressed to hear it.
 
If you fit any "silent" 120mm fan and run it at 7V, you'll be hard pressed to hear it.

I'm leaning more that way as I don't want to kill anything in the process. Yate Loons with dampening mounts should work all around. Do the low speed YL's work at 5v, or do they require higher to spin up?
 
just use noctua fans, there damn quiet, close to passiv as you can get even at 12v and move as much air as the higher 25-28db fans.

they also come with 5v and 7v adapter if you need even less noise than the 19db they make @ 12v
 
Looks like I should choose "medium" fans and adjust them with my rheobus. I need to annihilate the LED's on that thing before it goes back into action. Those things are piercingly bright.

The Noctua's look great, but too damned much money for little fans.
 
there not checp but you dont have to mess around with fan adapters :)
 
Back
Top