Concentric
[H]ard|Gawd
- Joined
- Oct 15, 2007
- Messages
- 1,029
I'm considering a Supermicro chassis fitted with redundant 1400W PSUs, but my system won't require 1400W.
I realise that this chassis will not be silent. I'm not expecting to be able to make it silent, but I would like to keep the noise to a minimum.
I seem to remember reading somewhere that someone swapped the PSU in their Supermicro chassis for a lower rated one because it was quieter.
Does anyone have any experience of doing this? Are lower rated Supermicro PSU units quieter?
I realise that this chassis will not be silent. I'm not expecting to be able to make it silent, but I would like to keep the noise to a minimum.
I seem to remember reading somewhere that someone swapped the PSU in their Supermicro chassis for a lower rated one because it was quieter.
Does anyone have any experience of doing this? Are lower rated Supermicro PSU units quieter?