Quieter replacement for Lian-Li fans?

HDClown

Limp Gawd
I have PC-60B Plus II which has 2x120 and 2x80mm fans. The specs on Lian-Li's site only list this:

Spec. for 12cm 2-balls bearing DC Brush less fan :
1. Air Flow - 1.50m³ / min (53.0CFM)
2. Speed - 1500 rpm ¡Ó 10%
3. Acoustical Noise - 25.6dBA (Max. 26.25dBA)

Spec. for 8cm 2-balls bearing DC Brush less fan :
1. Air Flow - 0.719m³ / min (25.4CFM)
2. Speed - 2200 rpm ¡Ó 10%
3. Acoustical Noise - 27.2dBA (Max. 28.56dBA)

I assume that's for all their case fans in current cases. I'm looking for fans that can move equivalent (ideally more) air at less volume with no need to run fan speed/voltage regulation.

I do have a mandatory requirement for more CFM for 1 of the 120mm fans since it's the primary intake fan and sits in front of my 3 HDD's, and I want to make sure they are happy. The other 3 I will be fine with equivalent CFM just to obtain less volume.

I was going to get Silenx because I can get more CFm with less DB, but it would cost $80+ for the 4. The reviews on Newegg are less then spectacular as well.

Suggestions?

I don't find the stock Lian Li fans to be as good (performance/noise) as I expect. Yate Loons are your best bet. Nexus if you want them a bit quieter. I also like some of the Coolermaster quiet fan series.

Don't buy SilenX unless you want to pay a lot more for perfomance that is available cheaper elsewhere.

The specs on the Yates are almost identical to the Lian Li's as far as noise to CFM.

What about Scythe? They are on PTS. More expensive then Yates, cheaper then Silenx. Noise to CFM is better then the Lian Li/Yates specs. Are the specso n the Scythe accurate?

I replaced the 2 rear 80mm exhaust fans on the rear of my LL 6077 with Nexus's and the top 80mm blowhole with a Yate Loon. I find the Nexus much quieter than the yate and wish i had got another lexus for the top one. I found them on sale a few months ago and they where cheaper than cheap crummy fans.

The specs on the Yates are almost identical to the Lian Li's as far as noise to CFM.

What about Scythe? They are on PTS. More expensive then Yates, cheaper then Silenx. Noise to CFM is better then the Lian Li/Yates specs. Are the specso n the Scythe accurate?

Specs can be measured differently. I've used the Yates and the LL's, and preferred the Yates. I like the Nexus version even better.

I just bought a Lian Li PC-V600 and its 120mm fans were incredibly loud, even for spinning at 1000rpm. I replaced them with Silverstone FN122's (didn't need LEDs or fancy colors) and can barely hear a thing. They're a pinch slower, but push about the same amount of air. Huge difference.

I find yates to be the best for 120mm fans. As for the 80's I haven't tried enough to give a recommendation.

just get 80 to 120mm fan adapter if you can.. 80mm are worthless. i use thermaltake from svc.com supposivly they are 77cfm and 20db but im sure its a lie.. i use it with fan controller and works fine for the 5$ price tag

Back