quietening a Zippy?

eer

n00b
Joined
Jan 13, 2006
Messages
46
I have a Zippy 700w, thing works great but is just way to loud. I ordered a 120mm Panaflo M1A fan and a 80mm to 120mm converter to replace the stock fan. Do you guys think this is a good idea? And if i do it should I put a temp sensor on the heat sink in the psu?

Hope this works. only other option is to water cool it.

Thanks,
Ken
 
guys at xtreme systems slapped a stock AMD opteron fan in there. I's silent at low speed, and has a temp thermisistor to ramp it up when the psu gets hot.
 
computerpro3 said:
guys at xtreme systems slapped a stock AMD opteron fan in there. I's silent at low speed, and has a temp thermisistor to ramp it up when the psu gets hot.

Ah, just saw it. might try it since i have one of those around somewhere. The stock zippy fan only pushes 55cfm the 120mm that i bought pushes 80cfm so all will be good.

Thanks for the post. ;)
 
Back
Top