Quiet Socket A HSF

dchrsf

Gawd
Joined
Oct 12, 2005
Messages
842
What would you guys recommend for a good near silent socket a hs/f combo that would run on a Abit NF7-S v 2.0 without hitting caps etc? I am trying to keep the cost below 50bucks..This will be cooling a 3200+ XP
 
dchrsf said:
What would you guys recommend for a good near silent socket a hs/f combo that would run on a Abit NF7-S v 2.0 without hitting caps etc? I am trying to keep the cost below 50bucks..This will be cooling a 3200+ XP

will the xp90 fit your board ? if so just get that with a panaflo L 92mm fan

D
 
I have no idea, I actually dont have the board* or cpu yet, but some guy on dfi-street is selling me them on the 1st of the new year..

I saw the sticky up top recommending the MASSCOOL, and that thermalright one. Would the MASSCOOL work for overclocking? I heard it isnt such a great cooler from newegg reviews..
 
dchrsf said:
I have no idea, I actually dont have the bored or cpu yet, but some guy on dfi-street is selling me them on the 1st of the new year..

I saw the sticky up top recommending the MASSCOOL, and that thermalright one. Would the MASSCOOL work for overclocking? I heard it isnt such a great cooler from newegg reviews..

check TRs page for compatibility

D
 
N H O, would that work passively? I couldnt find anything in Thermalright's site saying anything but that it was rated for a Athlon XP 2800+ and higher. I'll just go with a L1A if not. My other concern was whether it would fit into my motherboard I will be buying..
 
dchrsf said:
N H O, would that work passively? I couldnt find anything in Thermalright's site saying anything but that it was rated for a Athlon XP 2800+ and higher. I'll just go with a L1A if not. My other concern was whether it would fit into my motherboard I will be buying..

if you want to run it without a fan look at the TR HR1

D
 
SI-97A + an undervolted 92mm Panaflo Low-Speed.

The new HR-01 won't work on Socket A boards.
 
Back
Top