• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Quiet MicroATX parts

Trinz

Weaksauce
Joined
Aug 4, 2004
Messages
97
Looking to get a little advice on quiet parts guys.

Anyone have experience with the 60 mm Vantec Stealth?

I'm also looking for a quiet 250+ watt power supply. So far I was looking at the 250w and the 270w Enermax PSUs at newegg.

That's all for now, but I may look into a quiet HSF that's about as tall as the retail HSF of an Athlon64. Last is cooling a 9700pro... I think I'm just goign to go with a VGA silencer there.
The PSU is the main problem right now though. Too loud.
 
I have two of the 250 Enermax PSUs in various boxes, the only way to hear it
is to take the case top off and to put youre ear (after unpluging cpu fan) by the psu.
Nice psu with solid rails.
 
ive had teh 80mm vantec stealth, and they are anything but silent, quiet maybe, not silent

im sure the 60mm wouldnt be so great. . .

what are you needing a 60mm for? please do not tell me ur using it for a cpu HSF
 
The case has a spot for a 60mm fan. The one that's in there is pretty loud. I'm worried abotu the low airflow in this case. I was considering one of those fans that use a pci slot. Anyone have experience using one of these? Are they quiet?

She's using the retail hsf right now cause the other one we got was to tall. The DVD drive sits over the HSF.
 
Back
Top