Quiet 120mm fans for use w/ fan controller

Newsome

n00b
I'm looking to buy one or two quiet 120mm fans for use in a Coolermaster 590 case with a 650W Corsair PSU, a non-OC'd AMD X2 7750 2.7 GHz, and a Vapor-X 4870. I have not picked out a fan controller yet, but I'm sort of assuming the model won't make a difference.

Recommendations?

Budget? Fans can get pricey quite fast. I have the same case as you, If these are for the front and rear exhaust I would go with some 1200rpm Slipstream fans, can be had for $7.99 here. If these are for the top exhausts then you should get something like the Kama Flex, since they can be mounted horizontal with no ill effects, can be had here for $9.50 when you buy 2 or more.

I use Vantec Stealth fans for my case and water cooling radiator. They don't require a fan controller as they are silent running at their max speed.

I haven't really given much thought to budget on these. Offhand, I'd prefer to spend no more than $40 total on the fans; I guess that means $20 max each if I stick with the 2 fans, or ~$16 if 3 fans were somehow necessary.

No need to spend 20+ on a fan, you start getting diminishing returns really fast. If you want to spend a bit more the S-Flex are great fans also, about the best CFM to noise you can get other than the Slipstream fans, they run about 12-13 bucks at the same place the other two are sold at.

COOLER MASTER R4-C2R-20AC-GP 120mm Case Fan

RPM........................2000 RPM
Air Flow................... 90 CFM
Noise Level...............19 dBA
Power Connector.......3 to 4 pin Adapter

$8.99

Budget? Fans can get pricey quite fast. I have the same case as you, If these are for the front and rear exhaust I would go with some 1200rpm Slipstream fans, can be had for $7.99 here. If these are for the top exhausts then you should get something like the Kama Flex, since they can be mounted horizontal with no ill effects, can be had here for $9.50 when you buy 2 or more.
I agree with this. I have two of the 1600RPM Slipstream fans, and they push a lot of air and are fairly quiet. The 1200RPM version should be practically silent, and even more so if undervolted with a fan controller. As long as you keep them in an upright position, you'll be good (they're sleeve-bearing fans, so they don't work well in other orientations).

COOLER MASTER R4-C2R-20AC-GP 120mm Case Fan

RPM........................2000 RPM
Air Flow................... 90 CFM
Noise Level...............19 dBA
Power Connector.......3 to 4 pin Adapter

$8.99

do you have firsthand experience with these? from my experience, 19 dBA means at the lowest speed, not at 2000 RPM. i dont know of any 120mm fan that can do 90 CFM at 19 dBA. more likely its somewhere around 35-40 dBA at 2000 RPM.

do you have firsthand experience with these? from my experience, 19 dBA means at the lowest speed, not at 2000 RPM. i dont know of any 120mm fan that can do 90 CFM at 19 dBA. more likely its somewhere around 35-40 dBA at 2000 RPM.

Ding ding, they did the same thing with their V10 HS. 90CFM@19dBA can not happen, even if the fan it self is 100% silent, the wind turbulence from that many CFM is going to be loud.

Scythe slipstream 1200 or 1600 if you want more power. good for exhaust/intake
Scythe s-flex. good for heatsink
Noctua , the kind without cutout blades are actually quieter
Panaflo is generally good

If you want to go $3-5 per fan: yate loon from petra's tech shop are great.

Back