Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Well, Xvid is a LOT less computationally intensive, as far as I know. That's probably the biggest reason. H.264 is a lot better, essentially, but it needs more decoding.mpeg4v3 said:playing back HD content isn't just about how fast the cpu is. I've been able to playback 720p XviD HDTV movies with bitrates around 5.5mbit on my Xbox (celeron 733mhz, 64mb ram, basically a geforce3 video card) with the only stuttering/frame loss being in intense action scenes. Why? Because the software I'm using on the Xbox (XboxMediaCenter, XBMC) uses mplayer, and a highly optimized mplayer at that. HD playback is just as much hardware as it is software- and I bet Quicktime could be optimized a LOT better for playback, especially since the target audience is so limited for it hardware wise, based on the compliants I've read.
Highly unlikely. The OS X version of Mplayer is horribly unoptimized, and I have my doubts about that improving. Open any given clip and QT7 will probably use about a third as much CPU playing it.Perhaps a new version of Mplayer OS X will be out soon that supports playing back Apple's h264 implementation...
The free Windows version allows full screen but not the OS X version. It's been like this for a long time and I sitll don't understand whyThud said:I'm sure that Pro has plenty of other editing features that make it a worthy upgrade, but cripes-- not allowing full screen video is simply ridiculous.
K_ris said:The free Windows version allows full screen but not the OS X version. It's been like this for a long time and I sitll don't understand why