• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Quickly transfering video to HDD

Snobok

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Jun 18, 2004
Messages
1,432
I am in the process of transfering some video that was recorded on MiniDV tapes to a computer hard disk. I have the camcorder (Sony Handycam DCR-HC46) connected to the computer via a firewire connection. Currently, I am capturing the image of the video from the tape and (I assume) transfering it to the HDD. Although this seems to be working, it is only working in real time. Is there any way of transfering the video from the tape to the HDD any faster, and, if so, how would I do so?

Thanks
 
well i take it you are viewing the video as it transfers ? you are saying in real time ?..... is there a option to turn that off that will speed it up i know when i convert dvdr to xvid if you turn of the viewing of it or from xvid to dvdr it's faster transfer / compression speed not watching it.


Maybe i'm way off base just my 2 cents
 
No. Only special DV variants support faster than realtime transfer (DVCAM and DVCPRO, i decks that cost more than your entire computing rig).

Its a pain, yes.
 
Back
Top