Quickly switch between eyefinity and extended desktop mode?

Andrew_e1

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Jan 17, 2006
Messages
1,541
Hello,

My last ATI card was a x800xl so I've been long gone from ati drivers for a while. I just got a new HD5870 just for eyefinity... I already set it up and it works great, however... eyefinity mode for normal desktop use is really impractical.

Is there a way to quickly switch between eyefinity and extended without going to the control panel and disabling and creating groups each time I want to switch?

Thanks
 
I think something like that was mentioned in the latest driver article here at [H]. Check the front page for the article and have a read, can't remember if it was coming in 10.2 or.3.
 
10.2 drivers allow you to run different display profiles.. so 1 profile can be your eyefinity setup.. then you can switch to the second profile which can be your extended desktop setup.. but you may get sick of the task bar only being on 1 screen.. if you do check out a program called ultramon..
 
Thanks guys just tried it and it works great, though I have to reposition the task bar cause I have it on the first monitor...but it works alright..

heres a screenshot of my desktop



cheers
 
Looks great,
Question
What are you gonna do with that extra copy of Bioshock =D
I could sure use it :)
Sawp21 is my steam account lol
 
Thanks guys just tried it and it works great, though I have to reposition the task bar cause I have it on the first monitor...but it works alright..

heres a screenshot of my desktop



cheers


yeah just run ultramon.. it comes with a smart taskbar which puts an independent task bar on each screen.. you can set it so that only whats showing on that screen shows up in that task bar... looks like this..



i just opened some stuff to show how it works..
 
Back
Top