quick! which memory is better for overclocking i'm ordering from newegg now.

you are going to have to spend more money if you want RAM that you can overclock.

I concur. Youll need some good proMOS or micron d9gmh chips for overclocking. However............you dont in your case.

First off. Why are you bothering with 1gb kits? You realize you can get 2gb for around $10-$20 more right? lmao?

Second. That memory is fine for hitting 3.2ghz.....You dont know that? You dont NEED any overclocking memory to reach 3.2ghz. At 400mhz, the stock top speed of that memory, that is 3.6ghz with that 9x multiplier CPU. So you are fine. You really only need overclocking chips if youre planning to go above 3.6ghz.

I concur. Youll need some good proMOS or micron d9gmh chips for overclocking. However............you dont in your case.

First off. Why are you bothering with 1gb kits? You realize you can get 2gb for around $10-$20 more right? lmao?

Second. That memory is fine for hitting 3.2ghz.....You dont know that? You dont NEED any overclocking memory to reach 3.2ghz. At 400mhz, the stock top speed of that memory, that is 3.6ghz. So you are fine. You really only need overclocking chips if youre planning to go above 3.6ghz.

thanks dude = ) so i'll go with the cheapest ones. thanks

With decent memory at 800, you should be hitting 3.5 or so with a divider of 10/11 and be ok. The next question is timings.

Your hitting the shallow end of the barrel, but people have gotten good results with the one's listed.

Good luck, have fun
Christopher

Back