Quick Water Cooling, and OC'ing Question

Faisal

n00b
about 8 months ago i setup my water cooling system set the fsb at 200 x 12 @ 2 Volts and plyed as much as i could. Now i'm trying to get a little more, and the highest i seem to get is 210 x 12 at 2.15 volts, i've tried running same volts at lower multi's and higher ans same fsb but won;t go

1: what is the highest voltage suggested on a water cooled system

2: as far as temps is 40c in a room of 75f too hotm or is that a good temp?

3: I think cooling to the motherboard is sufficient, but what are the general spots you want to cool when upping fsb like that?

Thanks in advance to any help you can offer. Thanks.

it's probably your memory holding you back. the geil stuff isn't picked for overclockability, but try bumping memory voltage/relaxing the timings. also, 2vcore is probably good. you also may want to cool the northbridge.

maybe think about cooling the motherboards mosfets, northbridge, and southbridge aswell.

Originally posted by jwill
maybe think about cooling the motherboards mosfets, northbridge, and southbridge aswell.

each of those has got a nice chunky copper sink on it.

I thought it was memory also, but i toned it down and still nothing. I mean it boots and runs but when but if i try to say run pcmark 04 it gets to the wmv compression test and causes an error

maybe i'm not cooling mobo enough or correctly, anyone got pics as an example? hope thats not askin for too much ;)

i'll try to get some pics of my setup, maybe i'm doing something wrong.

Thanks

have you raised the memory voltage? that might fix it from the sound of things. also, try running memtest x86 (google it) overnight to test stability. (works great, just requires a CD or floppy to run)

rogue_jedi: The memory voltage is pegged at 2.9, thats my motherboards' limit. i would think thats more than enough. Chipset volts are at 1.7 and thats pegged also.

I'm not home but as soon as I get there I'll look for that program. Thanks again.

I'm thinking of getting maybe a better board, this nf7-s is real picky, any suggestions? or should i post this elsewhere?

-Faisal

the dfi lanparty 'b' is pretty good (socket holes, gigE, nf2ultra400, good voltage selections) if you are looking to replace the board. some faster memory (3500LL) might help as well, as the memory may be maxed out and is now being overclocked as well.

Back