Quick Venomous X (?)s

liquidfluidity

2[H]4U
2FA
Joined
Dec 28, 2006
Messages
2,938
Will the old style backplate work with the Venomous Xs top retention plate? I'm just trying to avoid having to pull my board since my mobo tray (Antec 900)doesn't have a big enough opening for backplate exchange.

What do you guys think about this cooler? My overclocking came to halt with high temps on my Ultima-90(been using it for years!) and found one of these for $40. Thought I'd give it a try.
 
Not sure about the compatibility between the backplate and retention plate so i can't help you on that.

About the cooler,it's basically a TRUE with new fin design and new mounting kit.Performance-wise,it will give you better temp than the old Ultima-90.
 
It's the back plate from the basic Thermalright s1366 mounting kit. The x shaped one with the x shaped scissor top mount. I'd assume it would work since the holes are obviously the same - but are the threads the same?
 
Back
Top