Quick thought on the Dell 2008WFP.

Okay so I bought the Dell 2209WA and returned it a week later due to color uniformity problems as well as a stuck pixel.

I was going to hold off on buying a monitor, but recently, for those we those don't know, Staples are clearing out their supply of 2008WFPs for $125...coupled with a 25 off 100 you can buy online and what you have is a pretty slick deal.

So, let's get one thing out of the way first, THIS IS A TN PANEL!

- Viewing angles are meh, not really an issue for me since I usually use it while sitting in front.

- When I move a little to the left or to the right, the color gets warmer, I guess that's what you guys call "color shifting" right?

- It's a glossy screen! A lot of people don't like it, but this is actually one of the main reason I got this. Glossy makes everything look nicer IMO.

- It has a webcam and mic on top. Works like you'd expect them to.

- The stand is very...how do you say this...uh...****ty, especially when compared to the 2209WA. It only tilts. I also can't help but feel like it's not perfectly straight and aligned when mounted and put on a flat surface.

- Right out of the box, the brightness is pretty blinding, but when set down, it's quite good.

- I can't judge the colors because I don't have a calibrator, but it looks quite good. I definitely do not see a huge difference between this and the 2209WA color wise...looking at it straight on that is.

- 1680x1050 on 20" is a pretty good res. People may think it's too small but I'm OK with it. My laptop is the same res but 15.4".

- The screen is recessed in a little; there is reflections from the bezel...just like the 2209WA, but even more noticeable because it's glossy.

- The OSD is pretty bleh and hard to navigate compared to the 2209WA. It's identical to my old E19

- Little or no backlight bleed. No stuck pixels, no uniformity problems.

- For what it's worth, it's a lot better than the E173FP and the E193FP.

Overall, I like it. The monitor is pretty much identical to the LCD on my laptop, same gloss, same webcam, same feel, which I've grown to love. If you can find it, for $100, you can't go wrong.

How did you get it for $100?!

For that price I'd get 3!

Are you sure it's the 2008WFP? I have a 2007WFP and I thought the 2008 had the same adjustable stand..

Back