• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Quick thing

iSkylla

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Jul 22, 2005
Messages
1,685
What do I lower when I start raising FSB? I have my FX-55 at 2730 Mhz with Multi at 13x and memory at 210Mhz. What am I supposed to lower? Specs are in sig.
 
you are going to want to start lowering your HTT multiplier, first down to 4, then to 3 when you start to hit the 270+ fsb range. You will also want to start using memory dividers in order to see how fast you can get your cpu to go, before ocing your ram.
 
I think you might be talking about the LDT Frequency? That is what I saw in BIOS. It was on Auto and I put it on 4x Is that right?

LDT Frequency or something like that.
 
Oh, I don't recall for sure, but I think you are right. I think the DFI BIOS lists the HTT multi as LDT. If you run CPU-Z in windows, it will tell you what the HTT is running at, then you should be able to determine what multiplier is being used. If you still aren't sure, pm me and I will double check in my BIOS, what it is called for sure after work today.
 
Here is the CPU-Z Stuff

Core Speed: 2731.0 Mhz
Multiplier: 13x
HTT: 210Mhz
Voltage: 1.456v (Is that too low for a Clawhammer FX-55?)

And thats all I see ijn CPU-Z Relating to CPU. The rest is memory Stuff, like 1:1 Ratio and timings etc..

But incase you want, timings are: 3-3-3-8
 
Okay cool. And what is the CPU mutliplier on DFI Mobo? I have an FX-55 so I would like to play around with that :)

And its odd, I get BSOD when I up Mem to 215. I have crappy RAM, but good for BF2. That is why I want to take advantage of Mutiplier, I want to see if I can get more ghz.
 
cpu multi is fsb multi. if your ram is not up to snuff, use the memory dividers. set your ram at or a little below their rated speed to see what your processor can do.
 
Back
Top