• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Quick SFF PC question.

Akucaen

Limp Gawd
Joined
Apr 11, 2004
Messages
269
I've always been fascinated with the things. I came so close back in the day to buying a SN45G for my Athlon XP too... but that was ages ago back when heat and power consumption wasn't the problem it is today.

My question revolves more around the state of SFF today. Is it possible to get a SFF PC with three slots: PCI-e x16, extra for fan, then a PCI slot? I'm effectively ready to set my money down and buy one if I could find a SFF PC that has what I require. :\ For reference, the reason I want/need that is for my Radeon 3870 + SB X-Fi fatality. I'm looking to continue my Intel platform use (mostly because I want my money's worth from the C2D I have), but I'm not against switching back to AMD if they suite my needs.

Does anyone have any idea if what I'm looking for exists? I casually looked over Shuttle's lineup, and found close to what I needed - but my 3870 wouldn't fit in the case, and onboard sound is not good enough. :( (Shuttle is also basically the only name I remember from back in the day, and I have no idea who the newcomers are.)
 
I'm partially amused on how the newegg display picture for that second case is pretty bruised.

Anyway, I'll take a look at the user-build line of things. I was somewhat hoping there was a magic shuttle pre-fab with what I wanted, but that does take the joy out of building them. Appreciate it.
 
ive never been big on shuttles myself.i have seen some awesome ones though.wait for some more folks to chime in on this.someone may know of what your looking for.
 
Back
Top