Quick Samsung 980 Pro question.

zamardii12

2[H]4U
I got the 2TB 980 Pro for my PS5, but i've been trying all day to update the firmware through 2 different laptops and it won't update. Samsung Magician in both laptops says "the device is connected to the driver that magician does not support."

Samsung Magician says the firmware on this one is "GXA7." Is that the latest one? I can't find firmware history online anywhere. If GXA7 is the latest firmware I won't worry about updating the SSD before installing it into the PS5.

If you bought it used it could be an OEM.
No I bought it new from Amazon. Regular retail packaging and everything. I just want anyone else who has a 980 Pro to tell me what Firmware version Samsung Magician tells them it is.

Don't own a 980 pro, but on Samsung's website it looks like GXA7 is the latest one.
Screen Shot 2022-01-21 at 7.49.30 AM.png

I got the 2TB 980 Pro for my PS5, but i've been trying all day to update the firmware through 2 different laptops and it won't update. Samsung Magician in both laptops says "the device is connected to the driver that magician does not support."

Samsung Magician says the firmware on this one is "GXA7." Is that the latest one? I can't find firmware history online anywhere. If GXA7 is the latest firmware I won't worry about updating the SSD before installing it into the PS5.
How were you connecting the 2 TB 980 Pro?

How were you connecting the 2 TB 980 Pro?
Into an old laptop that takes M.2 SSDs. I just wanted to install Windows and Samsung Magician to this image so I can upgrade the SSD's firmware, but I couldn't. I am not going to lose sleep over it at this point... after I installed the new SSD the read speeds the PS5 gave me was 5800 mb/s so I am fine with that.

Back