• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Quick review before I pull the trigger

notarat

2[H]4U
Joined
Mar 28, 2010
Messages
2,501
  • Intel Pentium Processor G3258 4 BX80646G3258
  • ASUS 2600 LGA 1150 Motherboards Z97-P
  • Asus 24x DVD-RW Serial-ATA Internal OEM Optical Drive DRW-24B1ST (Black)
  • SilverStone Strider Plus ST50F-P 500W ATX 12V v2.3/EPS 12V 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified 100 % Modular Active PFC Power Supply (Black)
  • Windows 8.1 Pro System Builder OEM DVD 64-Bit
  • AmazonBasics Wired Keyboard
  • Thermaltake Urban T21 Mid-Tower Chassis Cases CA-1A4-00M1WN-00
  • Kingston HyperX FURY 8GB Kit (2x4GB) 1333MHz DDR3 CL9 DIMM - Black (HX313C9FBK2/8)
~$566.00 from Amazon

Just need something to connect up to my 3D Printers so I can design/print pretty simple items.

Suggestions on different parts?

Should I need more graphics horsepower for the design process, I can throw in an Asus GeForce GTX Titan
 
Is a dual-core enough to power 3D design work? I know it overclocks quite well, but are you sure the processor won't hold you back?
 
Is a dual-core enough to power 3D design work? I know it overclocks quite well, but are you sure the processor won't hold you back?

The programs I use aren't very "threaded" so I doubt if a 4-core would be a big improvement
 
I've done simple designs for my 3d printer in an unlocked sempron 145 and it was fine. creating gcode files took a little longer though
 
Back
Top