Quick Reply

Status
Not open for further replies.

PigCorpse

[H]ard|Gawd
Hi,

Would it be possible for all threads to have a simplified version of the reply box already shown at the bottom of the page? Then maybe an 'Advanced' button for those who want the more advanced features of a full reply box?

I think it'll be a lot faster than waiting for the reply button. Also, sometimes, one might lose track of the other posts, especially when they're in reverse order in the full reply page.

Just an idea...

Hitting the Post button only takes about an extra 1-2 seconds. Most people can't wait for that long.

I also think that the quick reply feature will also make it very easy for the spam bots to come in and spam up the place...

IMO, I'd love to have it.
I don't see how it would reduce spam to disable it...the 33 second rule would still be there, so if someone REALLY wanted to spam, they could only post a new post every 33 seconds, which wouldn't make a difference with or without the quick reply.

If its a Kyle being anal about the layout thing: why not allow it as an option in a users preferences, and the default be off, but allow people to turn it on who want to use it. (IDK if this is possible.)

Cliff notes: DO IT! :p

4b5eN+EE said:
IMO, I'd love to have it.
I don't see how it would reduce spam to disable it...the 33 second rule would still be there, so if someone REALLY wanted to spam, they could only post a new post every 33 seconds, which wouldn't make a difference with or without the quick reply.

If its a Kyle being anal about the layout thing: why not allow it as an option in a users preferences, and the default be off, but allow people to turn it on who want to use it. (IDK if this is possible.)

Cliff notes: DO IT! :p

Or a button that pops open the Quick Reply. I see forums with that; I think it's awfully convenient.

InorganicMatter said:
What, you want the ammount of spam to increase 100x?

Not that Quick Reply is needed (as it is quite easy to hit a button) but the Quick Reply = More Spam argument doesn't work since vBulletin has flood check available.

Vile said:
Not that Quick Reply is needed (as it is quite easy to hit a button) but the Quick Reply = More Spam argument doesn't work since vBulletin has flood check available.
It sill encourages pointless posts like "lol," "QFT," or the infamous ":rolleyes:"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back