• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

quick raptor Q

I would bet so,

As far as I know but i would consult someone elses knowledge as well, The only difference is that the Xversion has a clear case so you can see the insides.
 
i am infact doing this right now since the 2nd drive u can't see the window in my setup.
 
Cool.

Do you think it's worth it to pick up a raptor X drive for 105 and pair it with my current raptor for raid 0 performance?

worth the 100 bucks?

i believe my mobo supports it.
 
well for a hundred bux, its a pretty decent performance increase, as well as a learning one, to get your feet wet with RAID, so to speak. if you have the cash to burn, and time to invest, go for it.
 
well for a hundred bux, its a pretty decent performance increase, as well as a learning one, to get your feet wet with RAID, so to speak. if you have the cash to burn, and time to invest, go for it.

yep.. think i'll try it out.. always been a little curious :D.

I did want to know though.. how are people orienting their hard drives/sata optical on their mobo? Is everyone's really picky on which drive is plugged in where?

I feel like mine is really picky.. like my optical has to be SATA0, raptor SATA1, 320gb dump drive SATA2 and 500GB dump drive SATA3 for my system to even POST.
 
yep.. think i'll try it out.. always been a little curious :D.

I did want to know though.. how are people orienting their hard drives/sata optical on their mobo? Is everyone's really picky on which drive is plugged in where?

I feel like mine is really picky.. like my optical has to be SATA0, raptor SATA1, 320gb dump drive SATA2 and 500GB dump drive SATA3 for my system to even POST.


i know that when i was trying to install vista the dvd drive and the raptors could not be on the same controller or it could not find the raid0 array
 
i know that when i was trying to install vista the dvd drive and the raptors could not be on the same controller or it could not find the raid0 array

Hmm.. that's something completely new to me.

Mind explaining more?

So lets say I do buy the raptor X hd, my mobo info is as follows:

DFI Dark P35 T2RS
SATA 3Gb/s 6
SATA RAID 0/1/0+1/5

SATA0... optical
SATA1... raptor 150 non-x
SATA2... raptor 150 X
SATA3... 3200AAKS
SATA4... 5000AAKS
SATA5... empty

I just found it bizarre since only since coming onto this Intel rig, that I've found the placement of which device into the SATA ports to be extremely picky... as in if I swapped the optical (sata0) and raptor 150 (sata1), my system would fail to post. (this is without raiding the raptors)
 
^^ Yes. I have always separated my optical drives to either the onboard (motherboard's) ATA/SATA port, or a separate controller.

Theres plenty of bandwidth to spare, but for practicality's sake, and for ease of use, dont attach it to your RAID controller.
 
Back
Top