Quick questions regarding pumps / fans / and GTX 480 rad

clayton006

[H]ard|Gawd
So I have some questions and I hope to be brief.

1)
Currently have a black ice GTX 480 rad (the thicker fpi one) and I'm running Corsair SP-120 fans (push-pull). They have seemed to do okay, but I want to keep the system running somewhat quieter. Is there a fan / set of fans that I can run that will be quieter but allow the proper flow through this rad? If not, is there a thinner rad that can be suggested with a decent but quieter fan. The SP-120's aren't too noisy, but up at 75% - 100% they can be loud and I feel that they have to be up that high to push air through this rad.

2)
Is the heatkiller 3.0 a good block for the 2011 CPU I have? I've read some reviews that the Koolance 380i may be a better choice. Not sure if I should purchase another block and if that would be worth the hassle (plan on staying around 5.0GHz if possible, and if I go Ivy-E obtain the best clock I can).

3)
Assuming I'm keeping the GTX 480 rad, if I add another 3x120 (or possibly 4x120) and eventually (not right away) add 3 to 4 video cards into the loop, should I add another pump? Currently I'm running a 655 (adjustable one). If I need to add another pump, do I add it in serial? (just after or before the first pump in the same spot in the loop? Or do I go through a few cpu/gpu/rads first and then add the second pump in serial)
Or do I go with some type of parallel setup (not sure how that would work).

Thank you for your time and consideration.

Back