• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Quick question SLi

lee63

Gawd
Joined
Jul 4, 2005
Messages
657
I have been thinking of OCing my cards, My question is when you OC in Nvidia CP will it OC both cards? I have two BFG 7800gtx's,
 
why would you want to overclock SLI likes its not already gonna run everything fine
especially a couple 7800's
 
.xXLucidXx. said:
why would you want to overclock SLI likes its not already gonna run everything fine
especially a couple 7800's
Well my rig does not seem to be working right. When I maxout settings @ 1600x1200 my fps dips into the low 20s. These are all the new games that Im playing. I just cant figure it out, so I thought I would try and OC my cards and see if that helps. I have tried everything I could think of btw.
 
lee63 said:
Well my rig does not seem to be working right. When I maxout settings @ 1600x1200 my fps dips into the low 20s. These are all the new games that Im playing. I just cant figure it out, so I thought I would try and OC my cards and see if that helps. I have tried everything I could think of btw.

What game is it?
 
If your only getting 20 FPS with a pair of 7800GTX's, then something is seriously wrong. Personnaly, i NEVER start overclocking any componant of my computer until it is rock stable at stock settings. If i was you, i would test each card individually in your system to verify that both cards are working properly.
 
damn crazy....dual 7800gtx's, a fx-55 cooled by a gigabyte 3d rocket cooler =/....but yeea theres seriously sumthin wrong if ur only getting 20fps...check ur hardware out and try updating ur drivers
 
lockheed2266 said:
What game is it?
In order to get the best game play experience, it is not recommended to
run F.E.A.R. at high resolutions. You should avoid resolutions above
1024x768 on any current generation card. Instead, you can use the
full-screen anti-aliasing (FSAA) option under Graphics in the advanced
options menu. This helps improve the visual quality of the final scene
without dramatically increasing the amount of work that must be performed.

Most players will also notice a significant increase in frame rate by
disabling the Vsync option in the display options screen. If this doesn’t
make enough of a difference, your next step should be to lower your
screen resolution to 800x600 or 640x480.

Its the game not my rig

:D :D
 
20fps is really really low, something must not be working...but if you choose to overclock your cards i'd use coolbits.
 
N H O said:
damn crazy....dual 7800gtx's, a fx-55 cooled by a gigabyte 3d rocket cooler =/....but yeea theres seriously sumthin wrong if ur only getting 20fps...check ur hardware out and try updating ur drivers
Whats wrong with that cooler I never planed to OC anything looks cool to. Drivers are the latest chipset and gpu.
 
seniorpaul said:
are you sure that both cards are working properly?
Im gonna bench them both tomorrow on 3D Mark 05, is that the best way to test them ?
 
GPU 1 = 8165
GPU 2 = 8180
I also tested both cards with rthdribl for an hour on each card about a month ago they seem to be fine :confused:
 
Back
Top