Quick question regarding XP user accounts

Xee

[H]ard|Gawd
I'm running XP Pro and have four admin accounts (User1, User2, etc.) I want to run a system-wide virus and spyware scan yet when I try to access User2 through User1's account, I get an "Access Denied" message (User2 does not have a password). Even if I change User2 to a guest account, I still get the same message. Coincidentally, I have no problems accessing User3 through User1.

Any ideas what permissions I need to change to make sure that the Anti-virus and Anti-Spyware programs cover the entire system (and how to change them)? Thanks in advance.

well, most of the Antivirus programs have access to the ring 0 of the kernel, well what that means is that they can scan all the files in your PC regarding whether they are in different accounts

well, most of the Antivirus programs have access to the ring 0 of the kernel, well what that means is that they can scan all the files in your PC regarding whether they are in different accounts

Doh. And I just changed all the permissions/ownership, etc. Ah well. Guess I'll have to change them back when I'm done.

Back