Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.
Hey guys, I can't remember for the life of me which pins I need to short to manually boot a motherboard.... I haven't done it in ages and I can't seem to find/remember at all! Thanks.
Yes but which pins, I don't have the manual anymore and there are no labels on the motherboard. I think its like 6 and 8 or something i just can't remember.
Different manufacturers have them in different spots. I've never seen a board where they weren't labeled right on the PCB though. Otherwise, Hop onto their website and look it up. They will have an online manual.
There has to be some sort of markings on the board for the make/model.
There also should be some lines separating the big group of pins. usually a table or something like that that shows positives + and negatives - for the pins.
If you still can't find any good info, just take the screwdriver and figure it out... just go through pairs one at a time until it fires up.
Yeah most motherboards usually have markings but this one has none, I did end up going to the website manufacturer and found a manual after alot of searching! I was touching the right pins the whole time. The motherboard happens to be dead (ie. shorted out, led will not come on). Thanks for the tips but problem is solved hehe.