Quick Question on Windows Update

ComputerBox34

[H]F Junkie
I just uninstalled SP2 RC2 since the retail version of SP2 is coming out this month and according to the "rules" you need to uninstall the beta version of SP2. Anyway, instead of Windows Update sending me too v4.windowsupdate.com, it's sending me too v5.windowsupdate.com. This happening to anyone else who has SP1?

Nope, still going to v4. If I go to v5 I get this

Welcome to Windows Update Version 5 Preview
Thank you for your interest in Microsoft Windows Update version 5 Preview program. This site previews the next version of Windows Update. Before proceeding, please read the following information carefully.

Warning and Notice Windows Update version 5 includes pre-release software and a pre-release update service. They are provided for testing purposes only and technical support is not available. Use of them is subject to the Terms of Use, and software is subject to any license agreement provided in connection with it. Microsoft intends to offer the updates available on the Windows Update version 4 site on the Windows Update version 5 Preview site concurrently. Sometimes updates may not be posted to the Windows Update version 5 Preview site as quickly as they are posted to the Windows Update version 4 site.

Turns out once you install the latest windows update upgrade for v5 you always go to v5 everytime afterwords

Thanks, I thought Microsoft was putting SP1 on the new version of Windows Update to save resorces or something and prepare for the release of SP2.

Speaking of which, Microsoft keeps dragging its heels in getting SP2 official. What a shame; it is so nice, and contains some of the security fixes we long for.

Back