quick question (bulk,oem,retail)

Goride

Limp Gawd
Now i know the difference between OEM and Retail cards, but what about "bulk"?

I tried looking around for information about it, but im getting conflicting answers.

Some say that bulk and oem are the same (and some even saying that OEM is better than bulk)

On the other hand, I also read that bulk and retail are the same, the only difference is that bulk comes in a white box and retail has the pretty box (but all the extra software, cds, cables, etc that were in the retail are all there in the bulk).

Which is true, or neither? In specific I'm looking at the Saphire 128mb 9800pro cards at newegg.

Bulk and OEM is pretty much the same thing.

Edit-
I bought the Sapphire 9800 Pro off NewEgg about a week ago and I'm very happy with it. It's a very solid card and runs all my games on my Athlon T-bird 1.4 very nicely. Just throwing that in to help you make your decision on it.

I would say that most of the time bulk would imply OEM, but there's no rule about what can be considered bulk so you really just need to get your specific questions answered for each potential purchase. Such as: What is the warranty? Does it come with all of the retail packaged cables and software? etc.

OEM does not necessarily mean you get "nothing else" My OEM 9800 Pro came with the cables and driver CD, just no box.

Back