Quick Question: Artic Silver + Epoxy

Morphes

Supreme [H]ardness
2FA
Joined
Jul 16, 2001
Messages
4,373
I am working on my xbox 360 and was debating on replacing the main heatsinks with high quality CPU heatsinks. The problem is mounting the heatsinks that I have, I was just going to use epoxy/AS5 mix but then I started thinking about the conductivity of epoxy. The question is:

Could I use a mixture of Epoxy and Artic Silver 5 or is that not conductive enough for the heat?
 
you don't mix epoxy with AS5, you use one or the other

epoxy = you will never get it off, epoxy = glue more or less.
 
got news for you, if you use the product linked to above, you will not be removing the heatsinks in the future without doing major damage to your parts, been there done that

in the past what i did was put the tinyest little specks of that adhesive he linked to in each corner and then filled in the rest with a tiny amount of regular arctic silver ceramique paste, worked well, able to remove them later, but when i say tiny amount i mean it, and you still have to be careful later on when you want to remove the heatsinks
 
yeah that is what I was worried about.

I just dont want to have to spend more money then I have to
 
Back
Top