Quick question about XML/XSL

BGM

Limp Gawd
Hey there,

Im making a form from a standard xml sheet using xsl to transform it to html... iv got a problem in that when i make the input fields, they show up ok but i cannot actually type anything into them... so basically iv got a text input field that wont accept text!

I can however copy and paste into the box. The form works fine and sends off the data as it shoudl, yet i cant actually type the data in in the first palce. Does anyone have any idea how i can rectify this...

The code im using for the fields is similar to
First Name: <input name="f_name" type="text" class="form"/>
I think my problem may be that trailing slash just before the end '>' but without it, browsers throw it out saying its not valid xsl..

If someone could tell me the standard format for including a form field into an xsl sheet, that would be great as i thought id just finished this, and its really bugging me..

Thanks very very much!!

Right scratch that...

it just suddenly started working, im now even more confused becasue i dont know why. I didnt change anything!!

Ill go look at it more closely :rolleyes:

let us know... thats an odd problem

its also best practice to put a space after the past property and the trailing slash

ie <tag attribute="value" />

If you're using IE to test it, then it's probably because it's caching the XSLT, thus the sudden correctness....

im actually using firefox to test it.. probably not the greatest plan seeing as its not final yet.. im going to test in another browser..

it seems to work eventually when i tab back and forth from the firefox window and any other program... i just have to do it continually till it works...

ok, so after a test in IE, it seems to all work good.. guess i found a limitation of firefox.. really irritating that!! Even more so becasue this is a piece of work for uni, and i know that my lecturer uses mozilla to test the sites in... grr..

Back