Quick question about this x800 @newegg.

ITSTHINKING

[H]ard|Gawd
okay I just need to know if this card needs a molex connecter or not it's open box and probably doesn't come with one even if it needs it. My fiance is running an x600xt and her sims 2 games are running choppy at times even @ 1024x768 with 2xaa.

I figured a x800 would do her better, also her x600xt is 256mb but I figured that a crappy card like that probably doesn't even utilize the 256mb it has right? Reason I'm asking is because this x800 is 128mb (true plain jane version :LOL:)

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814127176R

I was looking at the pics and I don't see a molex input?

yup, guess they figure they can draw all the power they need from pci-e lanes.

have fun trying to overclock that :(

my x800gto doesnt have a molex, i've gotten it overclocked to 570/1100.. plenty of power on the pci-e lanes for it :)

for OP.. try to get the 256mb version.

jonathonball said:

not sure what your comparing? The one i'm looking at isnt a gt. Also flint338 the 256mb version would cost a bit more and for te price of a 256mb one I would buy something nicer than a x800. This one caught my eye because it's so cheap. Anyone correct mje if i'm wrong but I don't think for 60 bucks theres any better bang for your buck than a x800.

ITSTHINKING said:
not sure what your comparing? The one i'm looking at isnt a gt. Also flint338 the 256mb version would cost a bit more and for te price of a 256mb one I would buy something nicer than a x800. This one caught my eye because it's so cheap. Anyone correct mje if i'm wrong but I don't think for 60 bucks theres any better bang for your buck than a x800.
The one thing to be aware of read open box items at newegg is that it is likely a customer return. Now maybe the customer returned it because he changed his mind but maybe the product was faulty. I once tried an open box video card from newegg and it was DOA. Good thing newegg is awesome about returns including shipping reimbursement. Just be aware of what you get into. Even when you place the order you'll have to acknowledge the 15 day RMA period.

Back