Quick Question About the Wii

RAutrey

[H]ard|Gawd
So I was finally able to get my hands on a Wii for my kids for Christmas. I am wondering if Gamecube controllers will work with the Wii. I have some new in the box and would rather just use them then drop more coin on the Wii classic controller.

Yes they will. GC controllers can be used for GC games as well as most VC titles.

That being said, they are hardly optimal for VC titles that might require more complex use of their buttons. I don't think any have been released so far, but let me tell you, playing Megaman X with the GC controller is near impossible unless you get really creative with how you hold it.

Yeah, I'm going to second what Namork said. While you can use a GC controller with the Virtual Console games, it's not always the best solution. I'd recommend picking up at least one classic controller for use with your Wii. It has the perfect layout for SNES games, which would be beyond awkward with a GCN controller.

I haven't tried any n64 games on the classic controller yet, but IMO, it seems like it'd be more comfortable than the GC controller. Since you can get a new classic controller for $20, I think it's a pretty good deal.

RAutrey said:
So I was finally able to get my hands on a Wii for my kids for Christmas. I am wondering if Gamecube controllers will work with the Wii. I have some new in the box and would rather just use them then drop more coin on the Wii classic controller.

As the above posters said, yup, they'll work for your games.

Good ole' 100% GameCube backwards compatibility :D

Back