• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Quick question about the Lian Li PC-201

Joined
Jul 27, 2004
Messages
47
Hi guys, I'm doing my yearly upgrade but this time I've decided to go top of the line and not just best bang for the buck. However I am faced with a dilemna. Currently, the only full tower that has all the features I'm looking for in a case is the Lian Li PC-201. But I'm concerned that my Enermax Galaxy EGX1000EWL DDX PSU won't fit properly. I know there should be 25mm of clearance once installed, but I've heard rumors that it won't fit once any of the modular cables are plugged in. Was wondering if I could get a definitive answer. Thanks in advance.
 
PC 201 user here, i think the enermax is going to be a very tight fit, you might hv a better chance using a non modular as the wires are coming out frm only 1 side, just to give u a perspective, im using a Silverstone Zeus 850w and i only hv abt 5cm to spare, furthermore the wires are pretty stiff and i actually hv to use a little force to angle it thru the cutouts. Another alternative if youre dead set on the enermax is to completely remove the 2nd hdd rack as its only held on by screws, that'll give u more than enough space for the enermax, hope this helps.
 
I have a PC-201 and was researching options for installing a longer psu (I only have a PC&P 510 right now). This is an option for the V2000B which has the same interior dimensions as the 201, I think. It also gives you an idea what you are going to have to deal with i.e. stiff cables. They cut out 3 drive slots and edged the hole.

http://www.frozencpu.com/images/options/extra_large_psu.jpg
 
Back
Top