• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

quick question about stock Core 2 coolers

cannondale06

[H]F Junkie
Joined
Nov 27, 2007
Messages
16,180
just out of curiosity do the E8400, E8500, E8600 and Q9550 all use the exact same cooler? I keep hearing how horrible it is so if it is the same then how does it keep the higher end cpus cool?
 
yup.. just the the Xigmatek Rifle 120mm hsf and you'll be set.. good and cheap
 
I think the dual-cores might use a smaller cooler, but either way they're all pretty much the same thing. Intel's stock coolers are perfectly sufficient for running their CPUs at stock speed, but they suck for overclocking which is why most people recommend they be replaced with aftermarket coolers.
 
The stock cooler for the e7200 is ridiculously small, but it keeps stock temps below 55c on a build I did, so it works. Overclocking it would get up to 65c, still okay, but not great. When Intel went to 45nm they definitely cut costs on the coolers.
 
The stock cooler for the e7200 is ridiculously small, but it keeps stock temps below 55c on a build I did, so it works. Overclocking it would get up to 65c, still okay, but not great. When Intel went to 45nm they definitely cut costs on the coolers.
well I skipped getting the freezer pro for now. once I get everything together Ill see what the temps are like on the E8500 with stock cooling.
 
Back
Top