quick question about nvidia drivers (XP)

alexik01

n00b
So I got the newest drivers released today, but can't figure out how to get the classic view. Did they remove this feature from their new drivers or am I just not seeing it? My previous drivers were at least 6 months old but still had it. Question is, how can I get classic view if it's there, or what is that latest version of the drivers with it included.

windows xp
7600gt

They removed it entirely with the latest release. I can't stand the new panel so I am quite annoyed by this. Things that were so simple and easy before are now convoluted for the sake of making things, more simple...

These drivers are also bugged with DiRT though 3dmark06 seems to like them.

For future reference please give version numbers rather than release dates. Chances are the drivers you think were released today have been out for a week or more, just not in 'the usual places', so it gets difficult to know exactly what you're talking about.

162.18 are the latest. I got what I thought was the next newest (94.24), which is still newer than what I had, and it has the classic control panel included. Very disappointed in nvidia's decision to remove the classic control panel as when I was looking for my current card I didn't even consider ATI due to its control panel. While nvidia's is better, I see no reason I should have to install a 50MB driver package and, additionally, a 40MB performance whatever it's called just so I can read the temperature sensor.

Anyone know a way to get the classic control panel in releases without it? Would be helpful when I think about updating my video drivers again in another 6 or so months.

162.18 are the latest. I got what I thought was the next newest (94.24), which is still newer than what I had, and it has the classic control panel included. Very disappointed in nvidia's decision to remove the classic control panel as when I was looking for my current card I didn't even consider ATI due to its control panel. While nvidia's is better, I see no reason I should have to install a 50MB driver package and, additionally, a 40MB performance whatever it's called just so I can read the temperature sensor.

Anyone know a way to get the classic control panel in releases without it? Would be helpful when I think about updating my video drivers again in another 6 or so months.

I believe 163.14 is the latest, actually.

nTune, the performance thing, is horrible software. Uninstall it and get RivaTuner or ATItool instead, both can read GPU temp and allow you to overclock, and RivaTuner lets you set your fan speed to whatever you want as well.

The thing I don't get about when people complain about the driver control panel is this: what the hell are you doing that requires you to go in there more than like, once a month, and for something so rarely used why do you really care how it looks or works as long as it works? I never liked the ATI driver control panel either (had an X800XT before my 8800 GTX, and several other Radeons before it) but I never felt the need to complain about it, because I never really used it. Things got set to "quality" and left alone.

i got 162.18 directly from their website, graphics -> 7 series -> XP. says released today. I never installed ntune, just the newest driver, to a less new driver now. I'm sure I use the control panel less than once a month, but I still loathe it. Not really much more I can say about it than that. I'd rather deal with the intangible differences of a slightly older driver than have to mess with a control panel I dislike and 3rd party software I don't want. I'll reevaluate my stance when this driver causes issues for me. I like to have as little running in the background as possible. Not sure if the control panel does, but I think some of the 3rd party does.

In short, I see no disadvantages with the older drivers, yet I do with the new ones, however small they may be.

Back