• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

quick question about double stacking rads

auceny

Limp Gawd
Joined
Jan 8, 2009
Messages
248
when you double stack rads does it require a row of fans for each or could you mount them radiator>fans>radiator. the fans would pull thru the first rad and push thru the second rad. assume the fans are Yate Loon D12SM (medium speed 70cfm @ 1650rpm). Thanks.
 
You might want more fannage then that. maybe rad -> fans -> fans -> rad. Or some stronger fans.
 
In my testing, a single bank of fans in the middle did NOT produce good airflow.

I was using the 38mm scythe 2000rpm kaze's. I'm running an extra set of yates on the front of the radiator as well.

*Disclaimer: I refuse to run WC fans over 5v - it's quite possible that at 12v, you could have a much larger amount of airflow (I actually did, but it was prohibitively loud) if you can tolerate the noise*.

24radwhole.jpg
 
Back
Top