• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Quick Q9450/IP35 Pro (?)s

liquidfluidity

2[H]4U
2FA
Joined
Dec 28, 2006
Messages
2,938
Doing a little upgrade from a E6750 to a Q9450 on a IP35 Pro and was wondering if I'll need to do a bios update. Might do a little overclocking but nothing over say 3.5GHz - probably not over 3.0GHz. Will be running DDR2 800 - will this be a slight bottle neck since the chip fsb is 1333mhz?
 
Uh yea I think so, just do it via thumb drive with the hp files and bios files using awdflash.

Flash before instaling the new CPU the new bios added 45nm support. I have the same mobo and I am using Bios 18 with no issues.
 
Love my 9450, OC'd to 3.2 on air only and runs stable! Just bump the FSB up to 400 and you're golden!
 
Only Bios 17 is shown. Is 18 a beta?

18 is technically a beta as it was not an official release before Abit bit it. I just upgraded to 17 a couple days ago as I was having issues with stability with all 4 ram slots occupied. No issues so far using the flash drive update method.
 
I had to go to BIOS 18 after upgrading my E6850 to a Q9650 as the 17 BIOS didn't support E0 Stepping chips. Been working now for a few months and all is well.
 
I have a Q9450 c1 stepping +IP35 PRO and flashed BIOS last week from 16 to 17.

I felt I would stick with the 17 bios, as 18 appeared to only incorporate E0 stepping.
 
I felt I would stick with the 17 bios, as 18 appeared to only incorporate E0 stepping.

Actually no...the official bios 18 does not have E0 support. A lot have reported BSOD's and temperature reporting problems with bios 18. There is a modded bios 18 available at http://forums.hexus.net/abit-care-hexus/149415-bios-updates-intel-e0-stepping.html that you can use if your Q9450 is an E0. A lot have reported success.

To the OP:
On a side note why aren't you looking at the Q9550 ? Its the best vfm among the quads.
 
Back
Top