• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Quick Q Regarding i7 950 Temps

PainInverter

Limp Gawd
Joined
Dec 10, 2009
Messages
145
I know the i7's are known to run a little warm, and I've heard that comparable temps are expected, but just wanted to be sure.

Under light "load" of doing every day things with many browsers open, Steam open in the background, VLC Player, Photoshop etc., my temps are as follows:

Cores are generally in the mid-to-high 40's, right now so far today hitting max of: 45C, 41C, 48C, 42C. Currently idling at 41C, 37C, 42C, 38C.

Under load it's anywhere from high 40's to mid 50's max. Never hit the 60's range, even when gaming, and I've a GTX 480 creating heat as well.

Temps monitored with HWMonitor, like all progs, the TJmax could be off by upwards of 10C, though my BIOS is showing relatively the same, so I think it's pretty accurate.

Safe to assume these are good/about average temps for the 950?
Using a Prolimatech Mega Shadow cooler.
 
I thought as much from what I've read, but wanted to double-check. Temps drop rather well/quick as well.

Just pushed under load (playing Borderlands, with music etc. in the background) and temps only hit: 50/48/52/47C after pushing it hard (a lot of action on-screen etc.), then dropped to 40/36/42/36C in a under a minute after exiting.

Considering the i7's tend to run warm as it is, I'd think that's pretty good.
 
Back
Top