• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Quick overclocking with my new system

dolphumous

2[H]4U
Joined
Jul 6, 2004
Messages
2,138
Check this picture:


All I did was loosen up the timing of my ram (Corsair TwinX3200XLPro) 2.5/3/3/6 and up it to 2.8V

Couple questions.

1. Why do all three show a different VCore?
2: nVidia Monitor shows 2 CPU voltages...difference?
2. I thought my HTT was higher before the OC...but I'm still 1:1 though. ?
3. What's the highest anyone has gotten thier TCCD and how loose did you have to get?
4. How the hell do I change VCore on an Ultra-D?
5. What's a VDD?

EDIT: Typo with RAM voltage
 
If I believe so, that is TCCD RAM?

If so, you can lower the voltage to 2.7, those timings are also a bit too high for only 235 FSB. You can try 2-3-3-6 @ 2.75

1. Why do all three show a different VCore?
2: nVidia Monitor shows 2 CPU voltages...difference?
2. I thought my HTT was higher before the OC...but I'm still 1:1 though. ?
3. What's the highest anyone has gotten thier TCCD and how loose did you have to get?
4. How the hell do I change VCore on an Ultra-D?
5. What's a VDD?

1. Speedfan and CPU-Z show pretty much the same voltage, with NV, it is showing you what the core voltage + the percentage is, but it goes down from that voltage (pretty sure)

2a. VDD if I am not mistaken is your LDT Bus voltage. The other one is your CPU Core

2b. Do you have a RAM Divider? If you have no divder then your RAM is running faster.

3. Well, you can get TCCD past 300HTT (DDR600 PC4800), but not all TCCD chips can do that, At DDR600, your timings are usually around 3-4-4-8

4. BIOS, VID Core will give you a base core and then the option below you can increase the base core by a percentage, 104% 110% Etc...

5. I answered that already, look at question 2a
 
Update:


Upped my vcore to 1.45 in the bios
Upped the RAM to 240MHz
Lowered the CAS back down to 2.0

Running Prime95 right now...looks good :)
 
What is your LDT Multiplier at? It needs to be at 4x and when you reach 250HTT, 3x.
 
Set it at 4x. There should be 6 options, 5x, 4x, 3x, 2.5x, 2x, 1x. Set it to 4x and when you reach 251HTT, set it to 3x.
 
12 Hours once you have set an OC

It makes sure your FSB doesn't go over 1000
 
I also think my Bank Cycle Time (Trc) sweet spot used to be 11 with my nForce2 Ultra.

Is that still the case?
 
Back
Top