• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Quick noob question - please help.

name

Limp Gawd
Joined
Aug 27, 2005
Messages
454
Quick noob question:

Ok, so my P4 has a 533mhz fsb, 133mhz "quad pumped" to 533. Does this mean that, before I do any OC, my ddr 400 memory is running at 133mhz? Or does it run at 200mhz, regardless of fsb, until I OC the fsb beyond 200mhz (at which point the memory would run at the same speed as the fsb, assuming no fsb:memory ratio is used)? Help would be appreciated, thanks in advance.
 
yes, your ddr400 is running at 133. I doubt your memory is a concern; though I dont know much about intel overclocking, i dont think you'll be getting to 200fsb with it.
 
Back
Top