Quick Newbie question about PVR150

Joined
Jan 3, 2002
Messages
2,998
I'm thinking of getting the Hauppauge PVR-150 with the intent on using a program package to record specific shows on cable. Now what I want to ultimately do is be able to run Xbox Media Center and view the shows via the network, on my TV. Can the PVR150 record shows to mpeg, or is it a proprietary format? I looked around on the forum and didn't see any threads with the answer. Thanks.
 
getting newegg to stock it is not
gonna happen though, where is the best deal on the 150??
 
theres a site that has it for 60$ I think, i'm crying right now cuz I just realized I didnt save it. As far as the xbox goes, I do the same thing with my AIW and it works great.
 
LoL next time check them since they have some great deals on those bundles. You over in Littleton? I'm over in Boulder, wow small world 'eh? :)
 
Elijah said:
getting newegg to stock it is not
gonna happen though

QFT.. i've been waiting for like 5 weeks and they still haven't had any in stock. I think i'm gonna order this week from PCAlchemy.. they have an awesome ResellerRatings review :)
 
i have used compuplus, but with shipping it is only 4 dollars cheaper. I would rather support a place that contributes tot he HTPC community like PCalchemy. I just ordered 2 PVR-150's from them.
 
Not much reason, if you've got afull atx mobo then why not? The best reason for the PVR500 is when you have a small cramped case or mobo although I have dreams where I'm running three PVR500s in a server. :D
 
well i only have a few slots so i just ordered the 500 finally. 155 plus shipping I guess it would be cheaper the other way but then you have less slots. Oh well.
 
I did the seperate PVR 150's so I could have s-video for each input. I built mine before the daughter board was available for the 500. plus it is cheaper.
 
Back
Top