Quick MOBO/PSU connection question

Zer0Cool

Limp Gawd
Hey Guys,

I just git the Z390 from Asus. It has 8pin + 4 pin on the top left for the power & the 24pin on the right obviously. Is it enough to just connect the 8 pin on the top? Or should I also be connecting an extra CPU/PSU cable to connect to the 4 pin as well? clearly 24 pin will always need be connected.

Hey Guys,

I just git the Z390 from Asus. It has 8pin + 4 pin on the top left for the power & the 24pin on the right obviously. Is it enough to just connect the 8 pin on the top? Or should I also be connecting an extra CPU/PSU cable to connect to the 4 pin as well? clearly 24 pin will always need be connected.
usually the 4pin is for extra juice for high overclocks. if not pushing to the bleeding edge, most will run fine without it.

I plan to overclock the new 9900k as far as I can with in limit temps, using Thermaltake 360 TT radiator + 3200 Mhz 32GB RAM.

Do I still need to connect to the 4 pin for that? Will require to connect a brand new "CPU" power cable.

yes you should then. I think technically its for LN2 OCs but give it all the juice you can.

Back