• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Quick help needed

ob1

2[H]4U
Joined
Apr 17, 2000
Messages
2,274
I have a Hercules GTXP, the original 5.1 version. I was wondering if I should upgrade to the X-Fi they have onsale at BB today, the extreme music version for $99. The question I have is that I noticed there are only four ports on the back of the X-Fi, and I currently use speakers, (creative 4.1 setup - I know it sucks but hey), headphones and sometimes the mic for ventrilo or teamspeak.
I game alot, so that is important, but my current GTXP does not work with ventrilo for the mic functions. So I want an upgrade but not sure about the setup. Can someone that uses the extreme music version of the card send me a pic or something of it setup using speakers, (front and rear), headphones and a mic? Thanks...
 
with the speakers your using, I'd say it wouldn't be worth it.
 
are you certain that its your GTXP that dont support ventrilo? imo that sounds weird
 
Yeah, it is a known issue with the GTXP and the microphone. I have read alot about it in the recent days, and there is some info out at the ventrilo forums. Apparently the CS chip used for the GTXP has some issues with ventrilo, and I don't think they are going to fix it.
I may just go out an buy this card and see if it works, and if it doesn't just return it. And to the other poster, I plan on getting new speakers, but just bought a set for wife and son, so I am kinda burnt out on spending money and connecting new sets of 5.1 speakers...ugghhh what a mess.
 
Back
Top