• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Quick help needed...

Etherton

Will Bang for Poof
Joined
Aug 7, 2006
Messages
6,996
I have been trying to network my daughters EeePC to my desktop so I can transfer a few movies over... I have everything setup where I can see them but I don't have permission to copy/view the files. She is running WinXP and I am running Win7 64-bit. We are going on vacation tomorrow and I'd like to get them transferred for her. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks everyone...
 
Looks like its a Win7/WinXP issue. I tried the same setup with my Lenovo running Win7 and had no issues. XP not going to work? A setting wrong?

edit : How fast are the transfer speeds doing this? It transferred my entire movie/music collection within seconds. 120gb'ish.
 
on XP box, create a folder in the root, called say Movies.
Share folder.
Change "Share" permissions so "Everyone" has full perms.
then go to Security tab, and change NTFS perms so "Everyone" has full perms
 
Is it XPHomeless or XP Pro?
Simple File Sharing?
Username and password that you're using for the Win7 box added as a local user on the XP box?
 
Back
Top