Quick HDMI Audio Question

practal

Gawd
I have a MSI GTX 460 that has 1 Mini HDMI port and 2 DVI ports. I want to get HD audio from blu rays and also need HDMI out for 3D to my Panasonic TV. My stereo processor does not support 3D so I think I am in need of 2 HDMI ports.

I have attempted to us a DVI to HDMI cord to the TV however 3D content causes the screen to go black. It works with HDMI just not DVI->HDMI. Would the HD audio work in the same fashion? If so, can I use the HDMI from my H57 motherboard for audio and then have the GTX460 hooked up to the TV for 3D viewing?

when you say stereo do you mean 2 channel or surround sound?
and it would work assuming your onboard can output video at the same time as your GTX 460....

I mean surround. I only need the stereo processor to receive audio and the TV to receive the video signal.

I've got a GTX 480 and the surround sound HD Audio comes out the DVI ports just fine using a DVI-to-HDMI cable.

You are correct though that 3D will only come out the mini-HDMI port because it's HDMI 1.4. The DVI ports are only compatible with HDMI 1.3 using a DVI-to-HDMI cable

Back