Quick easy question

Yz388

Limp Gawd
In the process of putting together a new system, and I noticed my Gigabyte motherboard does not come with the little paper o-rings that go between the screw and the things that you put on the motherboard (spacers to keep mobo above the case)

How could they not include these, do you not need them anymore? 2 hrs customer service, and I gave up.

This easy build could of been done hours ago, I just do not want to short the mobo. Do you not need those paper o ring things anymore?

you wont short the mobo if you do it right.
i don´t remember mobos being shipped with those paper washers, but cases in the other hand do ship with those

so using the copper looking mobo spaces to gap the mobo and case is all you need?

The screw can sit on the mobo directly?

If thats the case, haha its been a while

if you are referring to a hole similar to the one in the middle of the pic below, then you are fine just directly placing it on top of the standoff and screwing the screw straight into the standoff. as long as the head of the screw doesnt hang over the copper/aluminum looking ring around the whole, you will be perfectly fine.

if you are feeling frisky and uncomfortable, you could always cut up one of the antistatic bags that components come all wrapped up in into small pieces and use those. i did that when i was troubleshooting to see if my mobo was grounding on the standoffs (it turned out to be a whole diff problem though).

mobo7.jpg

well if u look closely to the mobo holes (the ones you put the screws on) you´ll see that they have a metal cover. yep just install those brass studs and screws and you´ll be on your merry way :)

Back