Quick dumb question: Which Win7 edition includes Remote Desktop?

MaxBurn

[H]ard|Gawd
Searching around on MSFT's site for the upgrades and I am just not seeing where they come out and say which editions include remote desktop availability (to connect to that Win7 machine).

I am assuming it is Professional or higher right?

Should be either Pro or Ultimate (enterprise too, but since that isn't available to most people it really isn't worth considering).

That entry cites source 13 which links to an extreme tech article that doesn't mention remote desktop in any of the eight pages of that article.

Huh? I'm looking at this page right now and there is a features chart by edition at the bottom that clearly shows Remote Desktop Host as being available in the Professional, Enterprise and Ultimate editions.

Home has remote desktop client. Pro and higher have remote desktop client and host ability.

Any edition you can remote desktop from, only Pro and Ultimate can you remote desktop to.

Huh? I'm looking at this page right now and there is a features chart by edition at the bottom that clearly shows Remote Desktop Host as being available in the Professional, Enterprise and Ultimate editions.

I understand that there is a nice chart there but we all need to remember wiki without a source to back it up is just an opinion. I was referring to the sentence above the chart that specifically mentions remote desktop in professional with a citation #13 that leads to an atricle that doesn't mention anything about RDP server (article could have been changed?).

The chart mentions a pile of sources though and I will plow through them a little later today out of curiosity.

At any rate thanks for the input all, yes pro and ultimate aren't even on the table, I decided that for $50 less I can live with VMware and some form of VNC for my meager needs.

I was sort of hoping to try out XP mode for work though, we have a small number of apps that are barely functional under XP and designed for 98.

Back